August 23, 2019
Commercial Law Legal Assistant
- August 23, 2019
- Employment: Full-time
We are seeking a full-time experienced Commercial Law Legal Assistant.
Candidate will assist attorneys who work in different practice areas including real estate, finance, corporate transactions, and tax/estate planning.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, formatting and revising complex Word documents, with multiple exhibits and table of contents
- Completing document exhibits and assembling closing documents
- Legal redlining with Microsoft Word (knowledge of Workshare comparison software a plus)
- Obtaining information from government websites, land records and plat databases, or telephone calls with government agencies
- Forming entities, qualifying/registering to do business
- Organizing closing files, creating paper and electronic closing binders
- Working with attorney to prepare documents for filing with land records or state agencies, completion of recording forms, obtaining real estate tax assessment and tax bill information.
- Communication via telephone and email with clients nationally and internationally.
- Light legal research and writing
Ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Multitask; handle numerous client matters in various stages of completion
- ·Prepare, edit and format correspondence; proofread documents and correspondence
- Use Microsoft Office 2013 (especially Word and Excel). Use Nuance to create, convert and compile PDF document.
- Have strong organizational skills and complete projects on strict deadlines with limited supervision
- Be reliable and punctual. Schedule will be 8:30am – 5:00pm (M-F, one hour lunch)
- Three years legal assistant experience
Please submit cover letter highlighting qualifications, resume and salary requirements email@example.com.
Subject line: Legal Assistant – ‘Your Name’
August 15, 2019
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 17 lawyers have been named to the 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in America.Read More
These small business owners and employees took saving for their retirement seriously and now stand to have their beneficiaries face disastrous income tax treatment by changing...Read More
Paley Rothman shares this library of resources with clients and friends of the firm to help them stay ahead of legal and business developments and trends. Here, you will find helpful tips and tools written by our attorneys and relevant to our areas of practice.Read More