November 12, 2018
I.T. Help Desk / Analyst Technician
- November 12, 2018
Paley Rothman is seeking an I.T. Help Desk/Analyst Technician to provide end user support by diagnosing and resolving technical problems and help maintain operational integrity of existing systems.
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal I.T. Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Firm's PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, software installation, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. You will aid and assist with network maintenance, server hardware and software administration, upgrades, deployment, installations and patching.
· Provide support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction.
· Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received.
· Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
· Document internal procedures.
· Assist with onboarding of new users.
· Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
· Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
· Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
· Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
· Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
· Perform machine updates, maintenance, optimization, cleanup as required.
· Learn and help monitor/manage, security system, access system, keycard system, phone system.
· Help maintain operational state of printers, scanners and other devices used by the firm.
· Assist with staff and attorney technical requests related to client information exchange.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor or Associate Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field.
· 2+ years of relevant technical experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
• Troubleshooting PC hardware and software in a Microsoft networked environment.
• Microsoft Active Directory user and device management.
• Past experience repairing, installing, upgrading and reconfiguring the following items (accreditations preferred) - PC's, laptops, printers, stand-alone and networked printers, stand-alone and network scanners, network components, switches, routers, firewalls, cabling, etc.
Past experience installing and configuring
• PC operating systems (minimum Microsoft Windows)
• Server operating systems (minimum Microsoft Windows Server - accreditations preferred)
• Standard Office software: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Nuance PDF Pro
• Document Management: (preferred) Interwoven
• Remote Desktop Software: Microsoft Remote Desktop
• Position will include work that requires walking, bending, squatting, lifting and carrying or moving light to medium weight of up to 50 pounds.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: I.T. Help Desk -Your Name
January 24, 2019
It is with great sadness that Paley Rothman announces the passing of our long-time partner, Linda Schwartz (Rosenthal).Read More
Getting a marriage proposal on Valentine’s Day is so romantic. Today, though, more couples, especially millennials, are asking their fiancés to sign prenuptial agreements...Read More
Paley Rothman shares this library of resources with clients and friends of the firm to help them stay ahead of legal and business developments and trends. Here, you will find helpful tips and tools written by our attorneys and relevant to our areas of practice.Read More