February 28, 2017
How High Net Worth Foreign Individuals Should Hold U.S. Real Estate
- February 28, 2017
- Event Date: February 28, 2017 Add to calendar
- Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Location: Paley Rothman - 4800 Hampden Lane, 6th Floor, Bethesda, MD 20814
Paul Marcotte was a featured presenter at a Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Mid-Atlantic meeting on February 28, 2017.
This program covered:
- Review U.S. income, estate and gift tax rules impacting NRAs investing in U.S. real estate
- Structuring alternatives, including individual ownership, partnerships, corporations, and trusts; and pros and cons
- Coordination with home country law
- Traps for the unwary
- Due diligence and international exchange of information issues
- Impact of U.S. tax reform on current structures
Paul Marcotte is Chair of the firm's Tax practice and concentrates his practice on federal, state, and international matters (planning and controversy), estate and wealth preservation and succession planning.
He was joined by Alan Granwell, an international tax lawyers who represents HNW individuals/families and MNCs on cross border planning and controversy matters and a former U.S. Treasury Department International Tax Counsel.
A recording of the presentation can be found below:
August 15, 2018
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America.Read More
On July 30, 2018, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) announced a new lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Baltimore...Read More
Paley Rothman shares this library of resources with clients and friends of the firm to help them stay ahead of legal and business developments and trends. Here, you will find helpful tips and tools written by our attorneys and relevant to our areas of practice.Read More