February 28, 2017
How High Net Worth Foreign Individuals Should Hold U.S. Real Estate
- February 28, 2017
- Event Date: February 28, 2017 Add to calendar
- Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Location: Paley Rothman - 4800 Hampden Lane, 6th Floor, Bethesda, MD 20814
Paul Marcotte was a featured presenter at a Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Mid-Atlantic meeting on February 28, 2017.
This program covered:
- Review U.S. income, estate and gift tax rules impacting NRAs investing in U.S. real estate
- Structuring alternatives, including individual ownership, partnerships, corporations, and trusts; and pros and cons
- Coordination with home country law
- Traps for the unwary
- Due diligence and international exchange of information issues
- Impact of U.S. tax reform on current structures
Paul Marcotte is Chair of the firm's Tax practice and concentrates his practice on federal, state, and international matters (planning and controversy), estate and wealth preservation and succession planning.
He was joined by Alan Granwell, an international tax lawyers who represents HNW individuals/families and MNCs on cross border planning and controversy matters and a former U.S. Treasury Department International Tax Counsel.
A recording of the presentation can be found below:
January 2, 2018
Glenn Cooper, Deborah Cohn, and Michelle Chapin were all selected to Washingtonian's "Best Lawyers" list for 2017.Read More
Effective February 11, 2018 – Maryland employers must provide employees with sick and safe leave in compliance with Maryland’s new Healthy Working Families Act.Read More
Paley Rothman shares this library of resources with clients and friends of the firm to help them stay ahead of legal and business developments and trends. Here, you will find helpful tips and tools written by our attorneys and relevant to our areas of practice.Read More