Representative Matters: Employee Benefits
These are some of the customized employee benefits plans created by our attorneys:
- A 457(f) plan for a nonprofit corporation that allowed key executives to defer up to $50,000 per year in a Rabbi Trust to augment their qualified retirement plans.
- A stock option plan containing incentive stock options, non-qualified stock options and a stock bonus component that allowed employees to exercise their stock options without paying any cash.
- A 457(b) plan designed for a nonprofit association that enabled key employees to defer taxes by contributing a portion of their salary to the 457(b) plan in addition to the amount they contributed to the association’s 401(k) plan.
- A cafeteria plan designed for a successful privately held business that worked in concert with the company’s health insurance program and allowed employees to select the benefits they most needed from a group of options.
- A “group-based” profit sharing plan for a law firm with more than 80 lawyers designed to provide larger retirement benefits to certain key attorneys and long-term staff employees.
January 2, 2018
Glenn Cooper, Deborah Cohn, and Michelle Chapin were all selected to Washingtonian's "Best Lawyers" list for 2017.Read More
Effective February 11, 2018 – Maryland employers must provide employees with sick and safe leave in compliance with Maryland’s new Healthy Working Families Act.Read More
For the fifth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2017 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 14 lawyers have been named to the 2017 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.
Paula Calimafde and Debbie Cohn were elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a nonprofit association of lawyers and law professors skilled and experienced in the preparation of wills and trusts; estate planning;...