Representative Matters: Employee Benefits
These are some of the customized employee benefits plans created by our attorneys:
- A 457(f) plan for a nonprofit corporation that allowed key executives to defer up to $50,000 per year in a Rabbi Trust to augment their qualified retirement plans.
- A stock option plan containing incentive stock options, non-qualified stock options and a stock bonus component that allowed employees to exercise their stock options without paying any cash.
- A 457(b) plan designed for a nonprofit association that enabled key employees to defer taxes by contributing a portion of their salary to the 457(b) plan in addition to the amount they contributed to the association’s 401(k) plan.
- A cafeteria plan designed for a successful privately held business that worked in concert with the company’s health insurance program and allowed employees to select the benefits they most needed from a group of options.
- A “group-based” profit sharing plan for a law firm with more than 80 lawyers designed to provide larger retirement benefits to certain key attorneys and long-term staff employees.
November 1, 2018
For the seventh year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2019 “Best Law Firms” rankings.Read More
D.C.’s new law repealing Initiative 77 imposes significant new training, notice, and reporting requirements on employers.Read More
Jeffrey Kolender, Paula Calimafde, and Michelle Chapin were all featured in the most recent edition of the magazine. The feature is in the July/August 2018 edition of Bethesda Magazine. This year, 17 attorneys were listed as the Top Estate Lawyers by their peers, and 8 were selected as Rising Stars.
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.