Representative Matters: Employee Benefits
These are some of the customized employee benefits plans created by our attorneys:
- A 457(f) plan for a nonprofit corporation that allowed key executives to defer up to $50,000 per year in a Rabbi Trust to augment their qualified retirement plans.
- A stock option plan containing incentive stock options, non-qualified stock options and a stock bonus component that allowed employees to exercise their stock options without paying any cash.
- A 457(b) plan designed for a nonprofit association that enabled key employees to defer taxes by contributing a portion of their salary to the 457(b) plan in addition to the amount they contributed to the association’s 401(k) plan.
- A cafeteria plan designed for a successful privately held business that worked in concert with the company’s health insurance program and allowed employees to select the benefits they most needed from a group of options.
- A “group-based” profit sharing plan for a law firm with more than 80 lawyers designed to provide larger retirement benefits to certain key attorneys and long-term staff employees.
May 16, 2018
Pallavi Kachoria, along with three other attorneys from the Maryland State Bar Association, spoke at Walt Whitman High School on May 3.Read More
The scammers are out in force with new tax scams. What are the latest tax return scams?Read More
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.
Paula Calimafde and Debbie Cohn were elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a nonprofit association of lawyers and law professors skilled and experienced in the preparation of wills and trusts; estate planning; and probate procedure and administration of trusts and estates of decedents, minors and incompetents. Lawyers and law professors are elected to be Fellows based on their outstanding reputation, exceptional skill, and substantial contributions to the field by lecturing, writing, teaching and participating in bar activities.