Representative Matters: Employment Law
In representing employers of all sizes, our Employment Law group has achieved a track record of success that has included these activities among many others:
- Obtained temporary restraining order on behalf of international provider of information technology support services to prohibit competition and solicitation of customers and contractors by former executive employee. Negotiated a settlement of the case on favorable terms, including the full enforcement of the employer’s non-competition and non-solicitation restrictions.
- Defended national healthcare government contractor in against class action lawsuit alleging USERRA violations.
- Successfully resolved multiple challenges to regional trucking and logistic firm’s classification of drivers as independent contractors, including claims raised in post-termination lawsuits and audits by state government agencies.
- Represented Fortune 50 retailer in more than forty employment litigation matters across a multi-state territory, including lawsuits alleging discrimination, retaliation, or both under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA violations and various state laws. Obtained summary judgment, early dismissal, or resolved the case through favorable settlement in each case.
- Serve as general employment counsel for several public companies, providing advice about all aspects of employment law including employment discrimination litigation, hiring, disciplining, and terminating employees, severance and separation related issues and agreements, and day-to-day counseling.
- Assisted national law firm in preparing for and executing reduction in force (RIF).
- Guided national biotech and pharmaceutical company through multiple OFCCP audits, all closed without adverse findings.
- Negotiated early and favorable settlement of multi-state wage and hour FLSA collective action.
- Formulated affirmative action plans for clients across a wide range of industries.
- Won pre-answer dismissal of ADA claims asserted by former employee of national fuel distributor.
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of wage payment, employment contract, and employment-based shareholder oppression claims asserted by former president of surgery practice.
- Successfully defended federal contractor against multi-plaintiff race discrimination action brought by former employees.
- Represented restaurant chain with over 400 locations nationally in EEOC investigation of background check policies and procedures and negotiated the termination of the EEOC’s investigation without liability or negative findings against the client.
- Represented nationwide equipment rental company in successfully enforcing noncompetition agreement with former key employee.
- Obtained temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, and order for forensic examination of electronic devices of former employee to discover and redress former employee’s misappropriation of employer’s trade secrets and prohibit use of employer’s proprietary information by former employee.
January 24, 2019
It is with great sadness that Paley Rothman announces the passing of our long-time partner, Linda Schwartz (Rosenthal).Read More
Getting a marriage proposal on Valentine’s Day is so romantic. Today, though, more couples, especially millennials, are asking their fiancés to sign prenuptial agreements...Read More
Jeffrey Kolender, Paula Calimafde, and Michelle Chapin were all featured in the most recent edition of the magazine. The feature is in the July/August 2018 edition of Bethesda Magazine. This year, 17 attorneys were listed as the Top Estate Lawyers by their peers, and 8 were selected as Rising Stars.
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.