Representative Matters: Government Contracts
- Represented a small minority woman-owned federal contractor in sale of company to another contractor, ensuring compliance with all federal regulations and transfer of ongoing federal agency contracts without need for novations or other special approvals.
- Favorably settled civil False Claims Act allegations by the Department of Justice against a long-time Department of Labor human resources contractor, leveraging findings by the Office of Inspector General that senior DOL officials engaged in a pattern of conduct which reflected a consistent disregard of federal procurement rules and regulations.
- Assisted technology companies in drafting subcontracts and purchase orders worth millions of dollars in compliance with federal regulatory and prime government contract requirements for agencies such as DOD and Smithsonian Institution.
- Helped government contractors and subcontractors draft teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements for pursuing federal government opportunities.
- Helped contractor protect its intellectual property rights in pursuing, negotiating, and extending prime contract and related licensing and teaming agreements for providing the Federal Housing Administration with proprietary tools for its Risk and Fraud Initiative.
- Represented small defense subcontractor in negotiating and enforcing terms with prime contractor pursuant to work for Defense Intelligence Agency.
- Advised parties seeking to form small disadvantaged business pursuing construction contracts for transportation projects on the process for obtaining and retaining designations to be eligible for federal and state government set-aside contracts, ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations governing set-asides.
August 15, 2018
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America.Read More
On July 30, 2018, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) announced a new lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Baltimore...Read More
Jeffrey Kolender, Paula Calimafde, and Michelle Chapin were all featured in the most recent edition of the magazine. The feature is in the July/August 2018 edition of Bethesda Magazine. This year, 17 attorneys were listed as the Top Estate Lawyers by their peers, and 8 were selected as Rising Stars.
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.