Representative Matters: Government Contracts
- Represented a small minority woman-owned federal contractor in sale of company to another contractor, ensuring compliance with all federal regulations and transfer of ongoing federal agency contracts without need for novations or other special approvals.
- Favorably settled civil False Claims Act allegations by the Department of Justice against a long-time Department of Labor human resources contractor, leveraging findings by the Office of Inspector General that senior DOL officials engaged in a pattern of conduct which reflected a consistent disregard of federal procurement rules and regulations.
- Assisted technology companies in drafting subcontracts and purchase orders worth millions of dollars in compliance with federal regulatory and prime government contract requirements for agencies such as DOD and Smithsonian Institution.
- Helped government contractors and subcontractors draft teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements for pursuing federal government opportunities.
- Helped contractor protect its intellectual property rights in pursuing, negotiating, and extending prime contract and related licensing and teaming agreements for providing the Federal Housing Administration with proprietary tools for its Risk and Fraud Initiative.
- Represented small defense subcontractor in negotiating and enforcing terms with prime contractor pursuant to work for Defense Intelligence Agency.
- Advised parties seeking to form small disadvantaged business pursuing construction contracts for transportation projects on the process for obtaining and retaining designations to be eligible for federal and state government set-aside contracts, ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations governing set-asides.
January 2, 2018
Glenn Cooper, Deborah Cohn, and Michelle Chapin were all selected to Washingtonian's "Best Lawyers" list for 2017.Read More
Effective February 11, 2018 – Maryland employers must provide employees with sick and safe leave in compliance with Maryland’s new Healthy Working Families Act.Read More
For the fifth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2017 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 14 lawyers have been named to the 2017 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.
Paula Calimafde and Debbie Cohn were elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a nonprofit association of lawyers and law professors skilled and experienced in the preparation of wills and trusts; estate planning;...