13 Paley Rothman Attorneys Selected 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
BETHESDA, MD — Paley Rothman, one of the Washington area’s leading suburban law firms for the past 40 years, has announced that 13 of its attorneys were selected 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
“Super Lawyers” is an annual listing of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. According to the publisher, the Maryland Super Lawyers list is comprised of only 5% of the licensed, active attorneys in the state and is created in part through a statewide survey of lawyers that solicits nominations based on professional achievement.
The Paley Rothman lawyers selected 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers include:
- Bibi Berry (former Principal), of Gaithersburg, Md., previously a member of Paley Rothman’s Family Law practice group, was recognized in the Family Law category
- Paula Calimafde, of Potomac, Md., who chairs the firm’s Employee Benefits and Retirement Plans practice groups, was named in Employee Benefits
- Deborah Cohn, of Bethesda, Md., who belongs to the firm’s Estate Planning and Estate & Trust Administration practice groups, was chosen for Estate & Probate
- Glenn Cooper, of Potomac, Md., the manager and a senior member of Paley Rothman’s Family Law, Appellate Practice and Litigation practice groups, was selected in Family Law
- Hope Eastman, of Kensington, Md., chair of the firm’s Employment Law practice group, was honored in the Employment Litigation/Defense category
- James Hammerschmidt, of Rockville, Md., the firm’s co-president and a senior member of its Employment Law group, was named in Employment & Labor
- Jeffrey Kolender, of Rockville, Md., who chairs Paley Rothman’s Estate Planning and Estate & Trust Administration groups, was chosen for Estate Planning & Probate
- Roy Niedermayer, of Bethesda, Md., a member of the firm’s Litigation and Appellate Practice groups, was selected in Estate & Trust Litigation
- Howard Soypher, of New Market, Md., who belongs to the Family Law and Litigation groups, was recognized in the Family Law category
- Patricia Weaver, of Bethesda, Md., who chairs the Appellate Practice group, was honored in Appellate
Three of the firm’s lawyers were recognized in the “Maryland Rising Stars” category:
- Michelle Chapin, of Reston, Va., a member of Paley Rothman’s Estate Planning and Estate & Trust Administration groups, was named in the Estate & Probate category
- Tracey Coates, of Northern Virginia, who belongs to the Family Law and Litigation practice groups, was chosen in Family Law
- Ethan Don (former Associate), of Kensington, Md., a member of the firm’s Employment Law and Litigation groups, was selected in the General Litigation category
Paley Rothman, founded in 1972, has grown to a firm of more than 35 lawyers that provides legal counsel to corporate and individual clients in a wide range of practice areas. It maintains a business orientation and handles tax, real estate, employment law, estate planning, litigation and a variety of other matters for businesses and professionals in Montgomery County and throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Director of Marketing