Representative Matters: Employee Benefits
These are some of the customized employee benefits plans created by our attorneys:
- A 457(f) plan for a nonprofit corporation that allowed key executives to defer up to $50,000 per year in a Rabbi Trust to augment their qualified retirement plans.
- A stock option plan containing incentive stock options, non-qualified stock options and a stock bonus component that allowed employees to exercise their stock options without paying any cash.
- A 457(b) plan designed for a nonprofit association that enabled key employees to defer taxes by contributing a portion of their salary to the 457(b) plan in addition to the amount they contributed to the association’s 401(k) plan.
- A cafeteria plan designed for a successful privately held business that worked in concert with the company’s health insurance program and allowed employees to select the benefits they most needed from a group of options.
- A “group-based” profit sharing plan for a law firm with more than 80 lawyers designed to provide larger retirement benefits to certain key attorneys and long-term staff employees.