August 10, 2017
Senior Financial Abuse: What Bankers Need to Know
- August 10, 2017
- Event Date: August 10, 2017 Add to calendar
- Time: 9:00am – 10:00am
- Location: First National Bank, 7475 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814
Roy Niedermayer presented at First National Bank on Thursday, August 10, 2017 from 9-10am.
Elder financial abuse and exploitation has been called the “crime of the 21st century." In 2010, there were 57 million persons aged 60 or over; 40 million of them are aged 65 or over. By 2050, there will be 89 million and constitute 20% of the population. This age group controls more than 75% of American wealth. In 2010, older Americans lost at least $2.9 billion to financial exploitation.
At this seminar, the topics that were discussed were:
- What is elder financial abuse?
- Why is it a growing problem?
- Who is at risk?
- What are the causes of elder financial abuse?
- What are the warning signs?
- Who are the exploiters or abusers?
- What can be done about elder financial abuse?
- What are the duties of the financial institution?
November 19, 2020
Paula Calimafde, Michelle Chapin, Tracey Coates, Deborah Cohn, Glenn Cooper and Eva Juncker were all selected to Washingtonian's Top Lawyers list for 2020.Read More
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted “business as usual” in many ways. People and businesses have been focusing on safety measures and efforts to maintain financial...Read More