August 10, 2017
Senior Financial Abuse: What Bankers Need to Know
- August 10, 2017
- Event Date: August 10, 2017 Add to calendar
- Time: 9:00am – 10:00am
- Location: First National Bank, 7475 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814
Roy Niedermayer presented at First National Bank on Thursday, August 10, 2017 from 9-10am.
Elder financial abuse and exploitation has been called the “crime of the 21st century." In 2010, there were 57 million persons aged 60 or over; 40 million of them are aged 65 or over. By 2050, there will be 89 million and constitute 20% of the population. This age group controls more than 75% of American wealth. In 2010, older Americans lost at least $2.9 billion to financial exploitation.
At this seminar, the topics that were discussed were:
- What is elder financial abuse?
- Why is it a growing problem?
- Who is at risk?
- What are the causes of elder financial abuse?
- What are the warning signs?
- Who are the exploiters or abusers?
- What can be done about elder financial abuse?
- What are the duties of the financial institution?
January 2, 2018
Glenn Cooper, Deborah Cohn, and Michelle Chapin were all selected to Washingtonian's "Best Lawyers" list for 2017.Read More
Did you know that leave cash out programs can cause tax issues for employees if they aren’t properly structured?Read More
Paley Rothman shares this library of resources with clients and friends of the firm to help them stay ahead of legal and business developments and trends. Here, you will find helpful tips and tools written by our attorneys and relevant to our areas of practice.Read More