Representative Matters: Government Relations
- Provides management and federal political representation of permanent coalition of over forty trade associations, including managing the administrative functions of the organization, lobbying on behalf of the organization and regularly monitoring and reporting to members on legislative and administrative developments of import.
- Represents prominent small business association and affiliated Political Action Committee (PAC) before Congress and federal administrative agencies on matters of tax, health care and employee benefits.
- Prepared and submitted comments on individual and corporate tax reform proposals to the Senate Finance Committee and House Ways and Means Committee tax reform working groups.
- Lobbied on behalf of association client to gain permanent extension of a number of expired tax provisions of importance to small businesses.
- Regularly testify on behalf of clients before Congressional Committees, including the Senate Finance Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee.
January 2, 2018
Glenn Cooper, Deborah Cohn, and Michelle Chapin were all selected to Washingtonian's "Best Lawyers" list for 2017.Read More
Did you know that leave cash out programs can cause tax issues for employees if they aren’t properly structured?Read More
For the fifth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2017 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 14 lawyers have been named to the 2017 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.
Paula Calimafde and Debbie Cohn were elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a nonprofit association of lawyers and law professors skilled and experienced in the preparation of wills and trusts; estate planning;...