Representative Matters: Real Estate: Business
Paley Rothman is well known for its diversified real estate practice group which plans, evaluates and structures a wide range of real estate activities for clients.
- Acquisition and expansion of 263,072 square foot biopharmaceutical research and development facility, including construction of vivarium facility (transaction value: > $100 Million).
- Acquisition of 20 acres of entitled, undeveloped land, negotiation of joint development agreement with county government and private university, “off-balance sheet” financing of two bio-manufacturing facilities and quality control facility (aggregate transactions value exceeding $500 Million).
- Acquisition of 50 entitled and undeveloped acres and development of 650,000 square feet of office, bio-tech lab and biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities (aggregate transactions value exceeding $800 Million).
- Sale-Leaseback of nearly one million square feet of office and special purpose facilities (transaction value in excess of $1.5 Billion).
- Lead lender counsel for financing of multi-use (restaurant, hotel and public park) facility in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
- Represented owner of 1,500 plus acre historic recreation and hospitality property in connection with sale and state land preservation tax credits.
- Represented real estate developer in structuring, negotiating and closing the acquisition of 212± acres of undeveloped land for redevelopment into a mixed use (retail, office, residential) project in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area and negotiating and closing development financing for project (transaction value $40,000,000).
- Structured and negotiated commercial design/build agreement for development and construction of 300,000± square foot office building, 230,000± square foot retail center, appurtenances and common area amenities as counsel to real estate developer (transaction value $28,000,000).
- Represented owner of integrated office building and retail center in structuring, negotiating and closing the sale of the office building component of project, including drafting and negotiating a complex reciprocal easement agreement for use and maintenance of shared structured parking garage, utilities, conduits and access (transaction value $35,000,000).
- Negotiated easement agreements for utilities (electric, gas, water), construction and maintenance of stormwater management facilities as counsel to commercial property owner.
- Represented real estate developer in acquisition of 1,000+ acre parcel for redevelopment in Washington, DC metropolitan area, and negotiated and closed development financing for project infrastructure ($33,000,000).
- Prepare and negotiate commercial leases for use by owners/landlords of office buildings, retail centers and warehouse/flex space and bio-pharmaceutical tenancies.
- Represented lenders in hotel financings for properties in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Drafting and negotiation of long-term leases of facilities for landlords and tenants.
- Counsel commercial clients in connection with adverse possession claims, sales contract defenses and construction damage.
March 21, 2023
Michelle Chapin’s Article on the Use of Arbitration Causes in Trusts is Published by the MSBA’s Estate & Trust Law Section
Michelle Chapin, a Principal in Paley Rothman’s Estate Planning department, authored an article titled "(Un)Enforceability of Arbitration Clauses in Maryland Trusts" in the MSBA's Estate & Trust Law Section Newsletter Volume 29 Issue 1.Read More
Sec. Deb Haaland is the first Native American to serve in the President’s cabinet and has been instrumental in bringing attention and action to the horrific incident rate of...Read More
Paley Rothman is delighted to announce that 14 of the firm’s attorneys have been named Maryland Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2023. Family Law attorney Glenn Cooper was ranked the Number 1 Lawyer in Maryland. Both Glenn and Litigation attorney Trish Weaver were named in the Super Lawyers Top 100 List and Trish was honored in the list of Top 50 Women.
For the 11th year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in U.S. News - Best Lawyers® 2023 "Best Law Firms" rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 19 lawyers have been selected in the 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Jennifer Pope was named Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch for the first time alongside attorney Hayes Edwards. Attorneys Glenn Cooper, Hope Eastman, and Daniel Hodin have been listed Best Lawyers for 15 consecutive years.