Representative Matters: Real Estate: Business
Paley Rothman is well known for its diversified real estate practice group which plans, evaluates and structures a wide range of real estate activities for clients.
- Acquisition and expansion of 263,072 square foot biopharmaceutical research and development facility, including construction of vivarium facility (transaction value: > $100 Million).
- Acquisition of 20 acres of entitled, undeveloped land, negotiation of joint development agreement with county government and private university, “off-balance sheet” financing of two bio-manufacturing facilities and quality control facility (aggregate transactions value exceeding $500 Million).
- Acquisition of 50 entitled and undeveloped acres and development of 650,000 square feet of office, bio-tech lab and biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities (aggregate transactions value exceeding $800 Million).
- Sale-Leaseback of nearly one million square feet of office and special purpose facilities (transaction value in excess of $1.5 Billion).
- Lead lender counsel for financing of multi-use (restaurant, hotel and public park) facility in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
- Represented owner of 1,500 plus acre historic recreation and hospitality property in connection with sale and state land preservation tax credits.
- Represented real estate developer in structuring, negotiating and closing the acquisition of 212± acres of undeveloped land for redevelopment into a mixed use (retail, office, residential) project in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area and negotiating and closing development financing for project (transaction value $40,000,000).
- Structured and negotiated commercial design/build agreement for development and construction of 300,000± square foot office building, 230,000± square foot retail center, appurtenances and common area amenities as counsel to real estate developer (transaction value $28,000,000).
- Represented owner of integrated office building and retail center in structuring, negotiating and closing the sale of the office building component of project, including drafting and negotiating a complex reciprocal easement agreement for use and maintenance of shared structured parking garage, utilities, conduits and access (transaction value $35,000,000).
- Negotiated easement agreements for utilities (electric, gas, water), construction and maintenance of stormwater management facilities as counsel to commercial property owner.
- Represented real estate developer in acquisition of 1,000+ acre parcel for redevelopment in Washington, DC metropolitan area, and negotiated and closed development financing for project infrastructure ($33,000,000).
- Prepare and negotiate commercial leases for use by owners/landlords of office buildings, retail centers and warehouse/flex space and bio-pharmaceutical tenancies.
- Represented lenders in hotel financings for properties in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Drafting and negotiation of long-term leases of facilities for landlords and tenants.
- Counsel commercial clients in connection with adverse possession claims, sales contract defenses and construction damage.
November 19, 2020
Paula Calimafde, Michelle Chapin, Tracey Coates, Deborah Cohn, Glenn Cooper and Eva Juncker were all selected to Washingtonian's Top Lawyers list for 2020.Read More
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted “business as usual” in many ways. People and businesses have been focusing on safety measures and efforts to maintain financial...Read More
For the ninth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2021 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 20 lawyers have been named to the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers in America, and one attorney was named to the Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch list.
Glenn Cooper was named to the Top 10 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers list. Nine other attorneys were named to the 2020 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers list and four were selected 2020 "Washington D.C. Rising Stars."