Representative Matters: Real Estate: Business
Paley Rothman is well known for its diversified real estate practice group which plans, evaluates and structures a wide range of real estate activities for clients.
- Acquisition and expansion of 263,072 square foot biopharmaceutical research and development facility, including construction of vivarium facility (transaction value: > $100 Million).
- Acquisition of 20 acres of entitled, undeveloped land, negotiation of joint development agreement with county government and private university, “off-balance sheet” financing of two bio-manufacturing facilities and quality control facility (aggregate transactions value exceeding $500 Million).
- Acquisition of 50 entitled and undeveloped acres and development of 650,000 square feet of office, bio-tech lab and biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities (aggregate transactions value exceeding $800 Million).
- Sale-Leaseback of nearly one million square feet of office and special purpose facilities (transaction value in excess of $1.5 Billion).
- Lead lender counsel for financing of multi-use (restaurant, hotel and public park) facility in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
- Represented owner of 1,500 plus acre historic recreation and hospitality property in connection with sale and state land preservation tax credits.
- Represented real estate developer in structuring, negotiating and closing the acquisition of 212± acres of undeveloped land for redevelopment into a mixed use (retail, office, residential) project in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area and negotiating and closing development financing for project (transaction value $40,000,000).
- Structured and negotiated commercial design/build agreement for development and construction of 300,000± square foot office building, 230,000± square foot retail center, appurtenances and common area amenities as counsel to real estate developer (transaction value $28,000,000).
- Represented owner of integrated office building and retail center in structuring, negotiating and closing the sale of the office building component of project, including drafting and negotiating a complex reciprocal easement agreement for use and maintenance of shared structured parking garage, utilities, conduits and access (transaction value $35,000,000).
- Negotiated easement agreements for utilities (electric, gas, water), construction and maintenance of stormwater management facilities as counsel to commercial property owner.
- Represented real estate developer in acquisition of 1,000+ acre parcel for redevelopment in Washington, DC metropolitan area, and negotiated and closed development financing for project infrastructure ($33,000,000).
- Prepare and negotiate commercial leases for use by owners/landlords of office buildings, retail centers and warehouse/flex space and bio-pharmaceutical tenancies.
- Represented lenders in hotel financings for properties in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Drafting and negotiation of long-term leases of facilities for landlords and tenants.
- Counsel commercial clients in connection with adverse possession claims, sales contract defenses and construction damage.
July 11, 2018
Congratulations to Ryan Spiegel who has been named to The Daily Record’s 2018 VIP List.Read More
In June, the General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board released the agency’s latest memorandum providing guidance on permissible rules and language in employee...Read More
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.
Paula Calimafde and Debbie Cohn were elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a nonprofit association of lawyers and law professors skilled and experienced in the preparation of wills and trusts; estate planning; and probate procedure and administration of trusts and estates of decedents, minors and incompetents. Lawyers and law professors are elected to be Fellows based on their outstanding reputation, exceptional skill, and substantial contributions to the field by lecturing, writing, teaching and participating in bar activities.