Representative Matters: Estate & Trust Administration
- Represented Trustee of Trust in recovering in excess of $1 million on behalf of Trust from former Trustee who misappropriated the assets.
- Represented Personal Representative of Estate in recovering assets on behalf of the Estate that were previously taken by former careprovider.
- Represented Trustee of Trust in successful interpretation of Trust documents by Court in favor of client’s reading and application of the documents.
- Representation of numerous Personal Representatives/Executors of Estates in defending claims by creditors against Estate assets.
- Represented co-Trustees in litigation regarding the validity of a beneficiary designation and other related issues in an estate valued in excess of $10 million.
- Represented and counseled a personal representative regarding multiple allegations of misconduct by a dissatisfied heir. Handled both allegations of inappropriate conduct and counseled client on how to avoid further potential allegations of misconduct.
- Represented Special Administrator in highly contested issue estate against allegations of undue influence and fraud in an estate valued in excess of $30 million.
- Successfully represented unmarried partner of decedent with regard to entitlement to portion of estate left to that partner.
May 16, 2018
Pallavi Kachoria, along with three other attorneys from the Maryland State Bar Association, spoke at Walt Whitman High School on May 3.Read More
The scammers are out in force with new tax scams. What are the latest tax return scams?Read More
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.
Paula Calimafde and Debbie Cohn were elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a nonprofit association of lawyers and law professors skilled and experienced in the preparation of wills and trusts; estate planning; and probate procedure and administration of trusts and estates of decedents, minors and incompetents. Lawyers and law professors are elected to be Fellows based on their outstanding reputation, exceptional skill, and substantial contributions to the field by lecturing, writing, teaching and participating in bar activities.