Representative Matters: Estate & Trust Administration
- Represented Trustee of Trust in recovering in excess of $1 million on behalf of Trust from former Trustee who misappropriated the assets.
- Represented Personal Representative of Estate in recovering assets on behalf of the Estate that were previously taken by former careprovider.
- Represented Trustee of Trust in successful interpretation of Trust documents by Court in favor of client’s reading and application of the documents.
- Representation of numerous Personal Representatives/Executors of Estates in defending claims by creditors against Estate assets.
- Represented co-Trustees in litigation regarding the validity of a beneficiary designation and other related issues in an estate valued in excess of $10 million.
- Represented and counseled a personal representative regarding multiple allegations of misconduct by a dissatisfied heir. Handled both allegations of inappropriate conduct and counseled client on how to avoid further potential allegations of misconduct.
- Represented Special Administrator in highly contested issue estate against allegations of undue influence and fraud in an estate valued in excess of $30 million.
- Successfully represented unmarried partner of decedent with regard to entitlement to portion of estate left to that partner.
July 3, 2019
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that Emily Whelden has joined its Estate Planning and Estate & Trust Administration practice groups as Associate.Read More
A recent ruling from the U.S. District Court for District of Maryland highlights the importance of communicating employment policies to all employees and ensuring that those...Read More
Jeffrey Kolender, Paula Calimafde, and Michelle Chapin were all featured in the most recent edition of the magazine. The feature is in the July/August 2018 edition of Bethesda Magazine. This year, 17 attorneys were listed as the Top Estate Lawyers by their peers, and 8 were selected as Rising Stars.
For the sixth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been named to the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America. We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to this year’s list.